Minimally Invasive Joint Replacement
Total Knee Replacement TKR are very successful surgical treatment for arthritis of the knee.
Over the last several years knee replacement surgery has evolved to a Minimally Invasive technique.
Advantages of Minimally Invasive Joint Replacement are
- Less tissue trauma – muscles and tendons are avoided or separated, not cut
- Faster and less painful rehabilitation
- Smaller incisions and less scarring – two incisions of 1½ to 2
inches each, rather
than one 10- to 12-inch incision
- Shorter hospital stay – 1-2 days (vs. 3-5 days); some patients go home in less
than 24 hours
- Reduced blood loss and less need for pre-surgery blood donation
- Faster return to work and daily activities
|Minimally Invasive Knee Replacement